City of Boca Raton Police and Fire Training Complex
The City of Boca Raton purchased an existing 125,000-square-foot office and warehouse with plans to convert the building into a state-of-the-art police and fire training administration and training complex.
With full A/V and distance learning capabilities, the new training center draws thousands of professionals each year. The facility is organized like a small city, with each respective training unit contained within a zone of similar function. PGAL also master planned a 20-acre south site to accommodate on-the-job training.
The facility was fully hardened to withstand a Category 5 hurricane with winds exceeding 156 miles per hour, and is designed to run 24/7 with system redundancy and card access security control.
Delivering the program with budget efficiency was key to the success of this project, which was constructed during the height of the building boom.
- EVOC driving course/officer obstacle course
- Canine course
- Control tower with covered staging area
- SWAT/fire tower/survival city
- Railway car access/tanker spill simulator
- Fire service vehicle maintenance
- Indoor shooting range
- Aircraft firefighting simulator
- CPAT/classroom building
- Hazardous material training
- Storage tank burn simulators/vehicle traction
- Confined space and trench rescue simulators