Restored 1910 Courthouse Named Finalist for ULI Houston 2012 Development of Distinction Award
With its $65 million historic restoration recently completed, the 162,000 SF Harris County 1910 Courthouse has been named a Finalist in the Urban Land Institute (ULI) Houston 2012 Development of Distinction Awards program. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the downtown Houston landmark has been returned to its original splendor after its historic authenticity was severely compromised by age and a major 1950 renovation.
PGAL led the restoration design team. ULI will announce award winners in January.
Before its restoration, the 1910 courthouse was dark and dreary, with inefficient use of space and outmoded technology. PGAL's vision, talent, and skill rescued this neglected landmark, recreating its former glory and transforming it into a cutting edge business environment. Its beauty and majesty fittingly manifest the dignity of our rule of law. The First and Fourteenth Courts of Appeals and the citizens of Harris County are extraordinarily grateful. Congratulations, PGAL, on a magnificent job superbly done.
- Adele Hedges, Chief Justice, Fourteenth Court of Appeals