Back to TopCloseCloseLanguageEmailExpandFacebookFirstFullscreenGridInstagramLastLinkedInListNewsNextNextAddPreviousPreviousPrintRefreshSearchSelectTelephoneTwitterYouTube

Warning message

The subscription service is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Harris County 1910 Courthouse
 

Court's in Session! $65M Historic Restoration Completed

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the 162,000 SF Harris County 1910 Courthouse has reopened after a $65 Million historic restoration. PGAL led the design team that returned the 6-story downtown Houston landmark to its original splendor after its historic authenticity had been severely compromised by age and a major renovation in 1950. The restoration included reopening of the rotunda which had been floored in at levels 4,5 and 6, recreating the massive granite entrance steps, reinstalling the original cupola and much more.

The restoration included reopening of the rotunda which had been floored in at levels 4,5 and 6, recreating the massive granite entrance steps, reinstalling the original cupola and much more.

Before its restoration, the 1910 courthouse was dark and dreary, with inefficient use of space and outmoded technology. PGAL's vision, talent, and skill rescued this neglected landmark, recreating its former glory and transforming it into a cutting edge business environment. Its beauty and majesty fittingly manifest the dignity of our rule of law. The First and Fourteenth Courts of Appeals and the citizens of Harris County are extraordinarily grateful. Congratulations, PGAL, on a magnificent job superbly done.

- Adele Hedges, Chief Justice, Fourteenth Court of Appeals

Back to Top